For Gynecologic Surgery, Trust Huron’s Board-Certified Women’s Health Specialists
Dr. Sara Castellanos and Dr. Elyse Brock are board-certified OB/GYN surgical specialists in Huron, SD, offering specialty expertise in obstetrics and gynecology as well as surgical knowledge. Their goal, whatever your health status, is to treat you as safely and quickly as they can, with minimum impact.
That’s why they are continually reviewing and learning the latest minimally invasive surgical options to meet your individual needs. In specific terms, these advanced techniques are designed to reduce your pain, use very small incisions, produce less scarring, and shorten your recovery time so you can get back to your normal life as soon as possible.
We are passionate about providing the most appropriate, most effective alternatives to treat many conditions, including:
- Ovarian cysts
- Bladder leakage
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic pain
There are times, however, when traditional open surgery will be the right choice for your situation. If major intervention is needed, Dr. Castellanos and Dr. Brock are both extensively trained in many sophisticated surgical interventions, such as:
- Endometriosis surgery
- Gynecologic or pelvic reconstruction
- Fibroid removal
Surgical procedures to treat a range of conditions
Our doctors perform procedures to address conditions related to oncology, fetal medicine, pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery.
- Gynecologic oncology deals primarily with cancers of the uterus, ovary, cervix and vulva.
- Fetal procedures are used to treat pregnant women with complicated medical conditions such as preterm labor.
- Pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery treats women with pelvic organ prolapse, bladder leakage and similar disorders.
Some of the specific procedures we offer include:
- Cervical, vulvar & endometrial biopsy
- Fibroid removal & endometriosis treatment
- Hysteroscopy & D&C
- Endometrial ablation
- Evaluation & treatment of bladder leakage
- Tubal sterilization
An advanced approach to care
At the Women’s Wellness Center, we are always seeking safe, effective treatments that make things easier for patients like you.
Would you like more information about the care offered by our highly trained specialists? Simply call us at 888-794-3708. You can also request an appointment with our women’s health specialists by using our easy online form.